1.24.2010

Self Reflection-less

Stare at the screen long enough...and it dims. Have you ever had so much to say that you just say nothing? Then I think about my silly little problems and think of what's going on in the rest of the world...Haiti...Afghanistan...Iraq. I bet most of those folks would be very happy to just have my worries.

But does that make my issues less significant? I think a lot of times I push my own feelings and worries to the side because I feel like they are not important enough to be in the forefront of my mind. Lord knows it's easier to think about someone else's problems than to think about my own. I couldn't tell you the last time I just sat with myself to think. I always have a TV on...reading...texting. I haven't had a good cry in a long time.

I'm not taking care of myself, am I? Me - who spent 6 months creating a "guide" to Self-care. Do what I say, not what I do, dammit! I don't believe in "resolutions" but I sure can seize the moment. I'm making an appointment with myself right now for Self-reflection. It's long overdue!


No comments: