4.04.2008

100 Things About Me

1. I am 5'4".
2. Naturally, I have dark brown hair.
3. I color my hair, so it's probably not dark brown right now.
4. I have brown eyes.
5. I have 3 college degrees.
6. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor.
7. I teach Intro to Psychology at community college.
8. I used to work in software design.
9. The dirtiest job I have ever had was sorting dirty laundry at a hotel.
10. I got married in 1994.
11. I had a daughter in 1999.
12. I was born on August 26, 1971.
13. I have a friend that I've known literally since birth.
14. I have more than 5 friends that I've known for more than 10 years.
15. I live in a suburb of Houston, Texas USA.
16. I have always lived in Texas.
17. I have visited California, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, Florida, Colorado, Tennessee, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and New York.
18. I have vacationed in Grand Cayman, the Bahamas, Canada and Mexico.
19. My favorite place in the US to vacation is Sedona, AZ.
20. I'll probably never go overseas because the flight is too long.
21. I have flown in first class twice.
22. I have ridden in a limousine several times.
23. I am a hotel snob - only 4 or 5 stars for me!
24. I am a published author.
25. I never weigh myself.
26. My favorite form of exercise is yoga.
27. I could eat ice cream for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
28. I don't have a favorite color, but I don't like orange very much.
29. I have been clinically depressed.
30. I hardly ever use my gym membership.
31. My favorite movie is The Devil Wears Prada.
32. It used to be When Harry Met Sally.
33. My favorite number is 33.
34. I was born at 3:33 pm.
35. I see 3:33 on the clock more days than not.
36. I believe in God.
37. I believe that there are many paths to God.
38. My current favorite band is Nickelback.
39. My all-time favorite band is Rush.
40. I have seen them in concert over 15 times.
41. I have been on television several times.
42. I am an expert on postpartum mood disorders.
43. I designed my own website.
44. I can use basic HTML, but haven't kept up with advanced web programming.
45. I have given talks all over the country - usually about postpartum mood disorders.
46. I used to be terrified of public speaking.
47. I own 2 Japanese Chins.
48. I used to dislike dogs until 2007 when we got ours.
49. I own 2 fat cats.
50. I have always loved cats.
51. I am a chocoholic.
52. My favorite non-alcoholic drink is Diet Coke.
53. My favorite alcoholic drink is a Cosmopolitan.
54. I do not like to cook.
55. My favorite "chore" is laundry.
56. I employ a cleaning person.
57. I didn't get cable TV until 2006.
58. I have never registered to vote.
59. I don't discuss politics.
60. I started my blog in 2003.
61. My vision sucks.
62. I can move the little toe on my left foot independent of the other toes.
63. I used to get migraines.
64. I got rid of them using Eidetic Imagery therapy.
65. I am an only child.
66. My parents divorced when I was 30.
67. I am an excellent speller.
68. My biggest pet peeve is when words are misspelled in advertisements.
69. I also think the apostrophe is the most overused symbol in the English language.
70. I am not afraid of death.
71. I am afraid of pain, though.
72. My worst fear is getting pregnant.
73. I am of Portuguese and French-Canadian descent.
74. I sweat more than the average person.
75. I bite my fingernails.
76. I am addicted to Chapstick.
77. I have panic attacks sometimes.
78. I take medicine to prevent the panic attacks.
79. I love my jobs.
80. I like to cry, though I try to do it in private because people freak out if they see me.
81. I love to write.
82. I like to study all things metaphysical.
83. I hate horror movies.
84. I cry when I see people die in the movies.
85. I like The Disney Channel.
86. My favorite show is currently Dirty Jobs.
87. I have 2 autographed pictures by my TV - one of Mike Rowe and one of Adam Baldwin.
88. I have several best friends.
89. I wear size 8 shoes.
90. I think too much.
91. I was the first person in my family to graduate from college.
92. I used to be an overachiever.
93. I don't wear a watch.
94. I have a Mac and a PC - I like the Mac better.
95. I have been in love 3 times.
96. America's Next Top Model is my guilty pleasure.
97. I need 9 hours of sleep each night to feel my best.
98. I used to have chronic insomnia.
99. I have chronic back pain.
100.  I dream in color.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are still an overachiever!

Nice list, I know those are hard!

Anonymous said...

Good thing the list didn't say "100 INTERESTING things about you."

MUAHAHAHAHA!

BTW, by definition you can not have several BEST friends. You must choose!

And how does "The Devil Wears Prada" replace "When Harry Met Sally?"

cjm said...

I didn't know you were part Portuguese. And I love me some Mike Rowe!