1.22.2007

Lazy, Awkward and Rich?

Ever since I got my little iPod, I have been listening to "podcasts," which you can find on iTunes and various other spots on the net. One of my favorites is called "Theatre of the Mind." The host, Kelly Howell, interviews various people in the scientific and metaphysical fields.

Yesterday I listened to her interview with Marc Allen, the man who has come up with the personality label of Type Z.He apparently has a whole book about how to be relaxed and successful at the same time. He doesn't do Mondays and keeps about 30 work hours per week. I could do that!

Somehow, it's hard for me to imagine being lazy and successful at the same time. How can someone work only 30 hours per week and be a multi-milionaire? Yet, if you do what it is you want to do, you tend to shine and you're automatically successful. If you can get paid (well) for doing what you love, then you have hit the jackpot!

Theoretically, I should be cashing in. I absolutely love being a counselor and am pretty darn good at it. I am just now learning how to promote myself as an "expert." I must admit, it feels weird to be hyping myself. But, as I tell clients, anytime you make a change, especially a positive one, you will feel strange and awkward at first.

What positive changes have you made recently that had you feeling awkward at first? What changes are you resisting because you may feel uncomfortable?

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Glad you're tooting your own horn! You ARE an expert.

As for me, being tougher at work has got to be the big one. It does feel uncomfortable to be writing disciplinary cases against my own patients. But something feels right about it (for me and for them).

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I don't do Mondays either. Seriously. I plan NOTHING for Mondays so I can have a day when the Hubby is back at work and the kids are back at school and I can be home alone for the day. Makes me love Mondays!

I'm working into not doing Fridays, too...

StaceyG said...

I think that's great!!!

lattégirl said...

Who are you NOT TO BELIEVE you are brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Read your sidebar more often, baby.

You are capable, confident, cute as a button (yes, even I can tell that without my old-lady specs and a larger clickable view) and I think Stacy and Clinton of WntW would approve of that neckline in your photo.

StaceyG said...

I love you Terry! Thanks!