5.24.2005

interviewed!

here are the answers to my interview questions from boogie's mom:

1. How did you decide what you wanted to be when you grew up?

which time? =) when i was in junior college, i really wanted to be a journalist because i love to write. then i found out how hard the biz was, so i changed to elementary education. i had dreamed of being a teacher when i was a kid. after trying to teach a bunch of 8 year-olds about fire safety and almost losing my mind when they wouldn't stop telling me stories about their houses, i decided that little kids were not for me. i settled on psychology because it would get me out of school the quickest. i worked in computer science for 7 years after that, had a baby, got a serious case of postpartum anxiety, recovered, went back to grad school and am now a therapist who specializes in postpartum mood disorders. so the short answer would be that my profession kind of picked me!

2. What is your most anal habit?

pooping. heh. seriously, i would have to say making sure the bathroom is clean at the end of the day - wringing out punkin's wet washcloths and hanging them up to dry, picking up towels, etc. i cannot go to bed unless the bathroom has been tidied up.

3. Clowns: good or evil, and why?

regular clowns and general circus music don't bother me at all. i enjoy watching them act like fools. but when someone tries to make a clown scary, it can freak me out. i'll never forget the clown in the tv version of stephen king's novel, "it." *shiver*

4. If someone had food stuck in their teeth, would you tell them? Why or why not?

i would definitely tell them because i would want someone to tell me if i was walking around with funk in my teeth. however, i have found that some people are not receptive to this information and get angry when i tell him there is pepper in between his teeth. so sometimes, i let it go, knowing an argument is yuckier than having him walk around with a black tooth.

5. What is your favorite memory of Punkin?

her first smile. she was a late bloomer in many ways, and didn't really smile until she was about 3 months old. by that time, i was starting to feel semi-human again and would take her out in the back yard on nice days. we were out there one day and she was lying on a blanket, looking up at the sky. all of a sudden, this huge smile erupted from her face. my mom was with me that day and told me that punkin had just seen God. that was cool.

if you'd like to get in on the interview action, just follow these simple steps:

1. if you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "interview me."
2. i will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.
3. you will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. you will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. when others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

No comments: