2.21.2008

The "Right" Answer

Sorry for the absence. I'll catch up with y'all later. In the meantime, ponder this...
---------------

By the time the average person finishes college he or she will have taken over 2,600 tests, quizzes and exams. The 'right answer' approach becomes deeply ingrained in our thinking. This may be fine for some mathematical problems, where there is in fact only one right answer. The difficulty is that most of life isn't that way. Life is ambiguous; there are many right answers - all depending on what you are looking for. But if you think there is only one right answer, then you'll stop looking as soon as you find one.

-- Roger von Oech

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't decide if that comment is right or wrong.

Cheryl said...

I've missed your blog. I'm back now and looking forward to catching up on your back posts.

You know I've got to say, I still miss those tests from school. What can beat the excitement of waiting for the grade???