12.07.2006

worry wart

last night, i woke up around 1:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. i "watched" to see what was going through my mind, and was disappointed to see a bunch of thoughts of overwhelment.

on the surface, things look fine. and really, things are fine. it's amazing how my little brain finds ways to undermine my well-being. i was worrying about the other house selling. about finding someone to sublease my office. about the presentation i had to give this morning (which went just great!). about hanging pictures in the new house. about putting up holiday decorations. about getting new clients. about money. about my mother. about painting the other house.

as i look now at this list in the light of day, it all seems so petty. one thing on its own would never be a cause for worry. but pile 2 or 3 of them up, and hello panic attack! i am more resilient than this. i just need to find my inner resources and trust that the universe will take care of me.

i need to quit taking everything so seriously! someone, tell me a joke!

5 comments:

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Why are things always so much worse at night? That must be when the boogerbears of worry come out and get us.

lattégirl said...

I never remember jokes. Sorry.

Last night, I went to bed with just ONE ridiculously petty thought going round and round. I couldn't shake it off. I knew it was insane. So I knelt on my bed and stared at the stars. (As usual, all I could identify was Orion.) After 10 minutes, I was able to go to sleep.

I thought I would go mad -- replaying this idiotic loop of resentment through my head. This has been a bad week for that sort of nonsense.

I thought about you this morning.

Anonymous said...

Oh hey. I have an idea that might brighten your mood. Do a caption contest. Pick a weird photo and ask readers to caption it.

Over at Electric Venom, Kate does this each Friday, and just reading other peoples' captions makes me laugh.

Tracey said...

Q: Where do you find a dog with no legs?

A: Right where you left it!!!

Q: How do you know the sun came up today?

A: Utah it!!!

StaceyG said...

LOL! Thanks Kristine!

What a great way to go to sleep, lattegirl. I can't see the stars because we live in the city. I love it when we visit the in-laws out in the country. You can see BILLIONS of stars from there.