3.18.2005

tgif

darnit - we liked the elementary school! part of me was hoping it would be unacceptable so we could all stay in our nice, safe, familiar routine. but punkin seems very excited, and it's contagious. she showed a mild interest in the classrooms, but the room she kept hounding us to see was the library! she loves to read. i am so glad. she got that from me. i could easily spend an afternoon reading a book (if i were to allow myself the luxury). i remember, as a teenager, spending entire weekend days in my room, reading a book from cover to cover. i am an only child and we lived pretty far away from my friends, so i had to entertain myself a lot. in a way, i am glad it happened that way. i don't think i'd be as creative as i am today if i hadn't been left to my own devices so often.

punkin has also started to sleepwalk. it's pretty funny. she'll knock on our door at 2am and start chattering about things that make absolutely no sense. last time, she was going on about crackers and bubbles. it took us a minute to realize she was sleepwalking and not just having a nervous breakdown. we told her to go back to bed and she did. she had no recollection the next day of any of it. i used to do that on occasion when i was a kid, too. the most memorable episode i had was the time i was dreaming that we had just moved into a new house. the plumbing wasn't working yet, so i used a garbage can to pee in. sure enough, i had gotten out of my bed and peed in my trash can! fortunately, my parents woke up and cleaned it out. all i remembered was the dream.

No comments: