3.06.2005

reveling in memories

okay, it's official. i am sick. there's no way to get around it. i feel like hell. and it's sunday, which means my doctor is playing golf. i feel dumb going to an urgent care place because i am not bleeding or in awful pain. i just have a fever, a sore throat, a headache, dizziness and some chest congestion. does that sound "urgent"?

since i have been sick basically since friday, i have been able to catch up on my sleep (though i still feel rather tired), read my book, read my favorite blogs, and watched the notebook. only one other movie has affected me the way this one did, and that was titanic. while i am not usually one to go for gushy love stories, this one touched something inside me that i thought was quite gone. it made me remember that feeling - that desperate feeling of real, young love. you want to know everything about the other person, and can't stand being separated from them. it is such a wonderful, awful feeling! being married for 10 years, i often forget what it was like when the captain and i were first together. this movie helped me remember, and it made me smile.

No comments: