8.08.2008

Like Sands Thru the Hourglass...

Today, my oldest and dearest friend's father passed away. Once again, I am left to reflect on what death really is. I believe that death is just a change in form, but that doesn't make it any easier for those of us left behind. I am such a sensitive person, and hearing the pain in my friend's voice was so agonizing.

It just hits home that it really doesn't matter what you do on your short stint on Earth, as long as you are happy and enjoying it as much as possible. It doesn't matter if you watch E! all day or work at soup kitchen and minister to the poor. We all have our different callings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that, Life Outside the Box.

I hear ya on the philosophy. I can't help worrying about the basics of life, however, and believe that it is important we strive - all the while knowing it ends all too soon.