8.15.2008

Blunted

Punkin, Tami and I went to the Sheryl Crow concert last night. It was very enjoyable as usual, but I did get a surprise in the opener, James Blunt. I had heard his somewhat-cheesy song on the radio, "You're Beautiful," but the other songs he sang really spoke to me. So, I am sitting here on the bed, blogging and listening to his latest CD, All the Lost Souls. If you like Elton John with a touch of Zebra (IMHO, of course), check him out.

I tend to add respect to real musicians like Blunt, who actually play several instruments and perform live with lots of passion. This guy even ran into the audience, down the aisle and up onto the lawn (for those of you familiar with the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, that's no easy feat), greeting fans and slapping hands. That is pretty darn cool.

3 comments:

cjm said...

Oooh, that is cool. And he's cute! Chris Isaak did the running thing when I saw him, too. Also cute.

Anonymous said...

"The first cut is the deepest.... baby I know... the first cut is the deepest...."

lattégirl said...

I like Blunt's voice. Yeah, that hit was a bit cheesy, but I always liked the opening lines... "My life is brilliant"