2.01.2007

Refocusing

While all of this exploration of marketing and public relations is quite fascinating, I have realized that I have careened off of my life track. I am not a publicist and the depth and breadth of everything involved overwhelmes me. When I feel overwhelmed, I tend to shut down. When I shut down, I lose my sense of purpose.

So...I have spent a little time in the last couple of days refocusing on what my mission in life is. I love being a therapist. I love writing. Those are the 2 things I need to focus on right now. It is just so easy to get caught up in everything else, isn't it?

Anyway, this refocusing has been very calming and centering. I was feeling a bit frazzled there for a while. I guess practicing what I preach is a good thing, eh?

1 comment:

lattégirl said...

It is so easy to lose your focus and get frazzled.

One of the top things to remember as a self-employed person is that you are not meant to be good at everything. I suck at accounting, so usually I get someone else to do it. Fiddling with numbers just gets me upset. I also wouldn't ever do sales (not even sales on my own behalf) because I am uncomfortable with that.

As time and money permits, you must surround yourself with people who are very good at the aspects you are not so good at, so that you can focus entirely on what you love and do best.

Thus spake the old wise woman in the North.