7.03.2005

interesting weekend...

the neighborhood is so quiet this weekend. i guess a lot of people went out of town for the holiday. friday, punkin's school called to tell me she was throwing up, so i went to pick her up early. she looked awful. she blessed my car on the way home (the captain was able to get it out with a steam cleaner and now you can't even tell anything happened). she threw up 3 or 4 more times before the evening was over and then passed out around 8:30pm. there's nothing worse than watching your child be so sick and not be able to do anything about it. she was saying, "mommy, make it stop!" and i felt so helpless. fortunately, she kept everything down yesterday and today seems to be back to "normal."

we're out of diet coke.

i am in the mood to go to the early service at church for once in my life, and i was vetoed by my family! they want to wait until the 10am service, which is generally more crowded. but with the holiday, perhaps it won't be as packed as usual. i haven't been to church in over a month and am in need of some spiritual food! i have been pretty good about praying daily, but haven't been reading my devotional or anything. one thing at a time. that's what i tell my clients, but i am horrible at taking my own advice.

No comments: